Back to the full list of newsletters
Inspire Festival Newsletter June 2013 [pdf] which includes …
- Inspire Festival Meeting
- Posters, Leaflets, and Banners
- Community Promotion Stand
- Important Reminder for Stands and Stalls
- Are your costumes ready?
- Would you like to take part?
- Volunteer at the festival
- Enchanted Woodland Creatures Activity – Volunteer Opportunity
- Enchanted Woodland Parade Masks Activity – Volunteer Opportunity
Inspire Festival Meeting
This meeting will include:
- An update of the festival
- Information on becoming a volunteer
- A chance to make suggestions and discuss the festival
If you are a participant in the festival, you can also come along to talk about and promote your group and what you will be doing at the festival.
The posters and leaflets are ready to distribute and will be brought to the meeting; we would appreciate any help with this.
Posters, Leaflets, and Banners
The posters, banners, and leaflets have been printed by Interlith. I have put posters up in Glossop. I am also looking for volunteers to put posters up in other areas, as well as in schools in Glossop. If you can help, please get in touch.
I have already done a great deal of promotion for the festival; now that it’s approaching, I am calling on others to aid me with promotion. I’d like to reach a vast range of people who would benefit from and/or enjoy the event. If you can help with promotion, I would really appreciate it.
Community Promotion Stand
At the Inspire Festival, there will be a Community Promotion Stand. This will be a table next to the welcome desk for local shops, market stallholders, community groups, etc, to leave their information for dissemination to any and all interested.
Prior to the event, I am looking to collate a community leaflet with lots of information that can be circulated online and given out on the day of the festival. It will be information only, in black and white. If you know of anyone who would be interested in putting something in the leaflet, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will be accepted:
- Information of interest and/or benefit to the community (e.g. from groups, organisations, and charities)
- Information from local shops, market traders, and non-chain pubs
Please email the information by 30 June to email@example.com.
Important Reminder for Stands and Stalls
All stands and stalls need to bring along their own tables, chairs, and gazebo.
Are your costumes ready?
I hope you’re getting your costumes ready! I’ve done mine – but I’m not telling you what it is.
Take a look at the poster below for some ideas – and look at what you might win! Get creative: creativity and imagination will give you a better chance of winning.
Would you like to take part?
Time is running out!Deadline June 30th!
We still have places left for …
- Guest Speakers
- Live Acts
If you are interested, please email details (see list below) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell us about your group or organisation
- Tell us what you will be doing at the festival
- Send us contact information to be published, including any applicable website address
- Send us a picture or logo to use in promoting the festival
- Note that all information will be used to promote the festival through various media; it will appear on the website and in the programme.
Volunteer at the festival
Support Needed on the Day
We need lots of people to support us on the day so that each volunteer can enjoy the festival and have regular breaks. The amount of time you volunteer is up to you; we would really appreciate your support. The following are some jobs available:
- Steward: Provide general support to people on the day at any or all of our venues.
- Welcoming stand: programme, information, mailing list
- Stage Manager
- Workshop Manager
- Guest Speaker Manager
- First Aiders
Please join the Inspire Festival Volunteer Facebook Group if you are interested in getting involved.
Enchanted Woodland Creatures Activity – Volunteer Opportunity
Would anyone like to volunteer to run a creative workshop with children to make Enchanted Woodland Creatures? The workshop will be for an hour in the Enchanted Woodland Activity Tent. I hope to assist with this if I am not too busy on the day. The photos here give a few ideas; I will print them off to display on the day of the festival.
- Clay (air dry)
- Privet trimmings
- Conifer trimmings
- Long, dry grass
- Natural string
I will ask the florists for offcuts that they don’t use.
Enchanted Woodland Parade Masks Activity – Volunteer Opportunity
Would anyone like to volunteer to run a creative workshop with children to make Enchanted Woodland masks for the parade? The workshop will be for an hour in the Enchanted Woodland Activity Tent. This is a simple activity that involves cutting out leaves from sugar paper and sticking them to a mask.
- Sugar paper
- PVA Glue